Saturday, September 23, 2006

Powerchain Time

Well it has been a while since I have posted. There are several reasons for that. First, my teeth didn't seem to be moving worth a darn (well at least the gap wasn't closing) and two, I am in school right now meaning I have no time to spend doing anything enjoyable. So I am taking the time today to update my Ortho friends and family with fun progress pics!! I had an ortho appointment on Thursday. I had nothing but wonderful news and prospects of progress. First off I had my power chain placed on my incisors. Finally some "closure" with that relationship. ( I know I'm hilarious) It was a little painful, my two incisors are very sensitive to pressure. The rest of the appointment went pretty smoothly. Then one of my OD told me that she wanted to see me in about a month to place spacers. I was like ugh...why? Then she said I would need to come back a week later to have my RPE REMOVED and bands placed on my back molars!!! So the date is set...November 7th I will be RPE free. Which just happens to be the day before I graduate from the College of the Air Force! So November will be a great month!

Immediately after leaving the office I could tell I would be limited on my eating for at least a day or two. But the pain wasn't near what I was expecting. Within about two hours the space in my front teeth was definitely beginning to close. I also noticed a space to the outer side of my incisors forming. The next morning the space was about 1/2 of what it was on Thursday..but I do have some pretty obvious spaces between my central and lateral incisors. Two steps forward...one step back. But as long as I'm moving I'm pretty happy.
And since I am having movement again I am going to definitely take lots of pics, and update at least weekly. :) So without further anticipation here are the pics!!

No comments: