Saturday, December 23, 2006

Surgery Two

Well I went to the OD this week and the doc wanted to put me in elastics. So that was really exciting. Then he decided to go ahead and take some molds and x-rays to check on my progress. I got a phone call on Thurday and he thinks that I am ready for a second surgery. Apparently I didn't get enough expansion between my canines and I-teeth. And I also need to have a upper jaw adjustment. He said I needed a two piece jaw...something or another. I'm not really sure what the entails. I'm assuming it will be like a Lefort I. I have an appointment w/ my OS on 4 Jan, so I will find out exactly what I'm looking at having done.

The pics I am posting are before/after shots between this week and in March. I also have some new pics from being in elastics for a week; it's amazing how much my bite has changed already.


Before Early This Week Now


Before Day Expander Came Out Now

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Jenn,
That sounds seriously messed up! I would get a second opinion, do your research. Not to knock the military, I'm a dependent spouse myself, but you could not pay me to have my ortho/orthnathic surgery work done on base. I have heard way, way, way too many bad things about work done at the military hospitals. Perhaps yours is an acception but another expansion? I have never heard of a person having two done, and a LEFORT is considered major surgery! You should have been made aware of this way before you even began this journey not midstream...that is just messed up. Don't gamble with your smile I would seriously check this out more.

Brandy

JenNicole said...

Brandy,
Yes I know all to well not to trust the military docs to much. However, my OS just happens to be the needle in the haystack as far as military docs go. He is really wonderful and talented. I am seeing a civilian OD so they are working together...which makes me feel even more secure w/ trust the miltiary.

I was made aware of a possilbe second surgery...we just didn't know if it was going to be a sure thing or not. My time in the military is almost up...meaning I had to get the second surgery done pronto. So hopefully my teeth will end up looking fabulous in the end! Hopefully I will have a good diary like yours so you can see what fun lies ahead. I'm almost sad that I dont' have your blog to help prepare me for this one. :)

Shontelly said...

Hi Jenni!

Just checking out your blog. I can't wait to see how my sarpe turns out! I am also military and I agree with the surgeon being very talented.

I know your going to look great when it's all said and done. Looking forward to seeing your end results!

Shontell