Wednesday, August 02, 2006

2 Weeks Post-Op

Well it is hard to believe that it has already been two weeks since my surgery. But then again it is also hard to believe that there is over 6mm between my two front teeth!! Today I woke up and felt like my face had a little more swelling than usual. I walked around, (sat around) had some coffee, and before I knew it my swelling seemed to go back down. I think maybe sleeping increases swelling b/c of the angle of my face.

Today I really pushed myself to try to get back into my normal blow and go schedule. I had my coffee, ran to the chiropractor for an adjustment, and hit the road running. I cleaned my entire garage(rearranged, swept, cleaned the grill(GROSS!!) ect), then I trimmed up the bushes in the yard, planted a flower bush(that I recived as a get well for my surgery :) ) and to top it off I cleaned up the whole house. I'm such an overahiever!! I didn't end up sitting down until 830 tonight. I have to admit...due to my activity I broke down and took a dose of liquid motrin. Hey whatever it takes to get the job done. Today was my "It's been two weeks ..now get out there and GO!"

I'm definetely getting more confident that my surgery is healing up nicely. I do get a weird sensation in my upper jaw whenever I walk fast. It is almost like I can feel that my jaw is loose and moving slightly. What is scary is that it probably is.

I have one more day off before I have to go back to work. I am really nervous about it. I have developed a much needed relaxed life style the past two weeks...and I know work will get me back to my OCD/perfectionist/over-achiever self. But I guess it is inevitable. To top it off I just recieved an email from the big boss at the office. They are realeasing promotions next week. They are promoting at 37% which is so small. This is my first time up for a big promotion ( Staff Sergeant), so that has my nerves going too. I'm so glad I have my little diary to vent my nerves off to. And for any unfortunate person that actually reads this post...I apologize! I am getting it all out...I feel a little bit better. At least I feel like someone/something out there cares.

I guess I will quit ranting and brush my teeth. I am totally thinking the minty fresh clean will help calm me for bed. That and reading for an hour. One more day to sleep in. I will enjoy it! I hope to have more pics (of a closing GAP!! come on everyone cheer for the gap to close!) Good Night. Happy Two Weeks To Me!

1 comment:

Graham said...

I had the same sensation while walking too. It takes a while but you will notice it less and less as you heal. Also I still get puffy in the morning, even now. I'm hoping that will stop soon. It's not really noticable except to me really.

Congrats on your promotion, and glad to see you doing so well! Don't feel bad about taking Motrin, heck I practically lived on the stuff! :)