Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Days 2-4



I am still very tired and in quite a bit of pain. My pain reached a plateau yesterday around 1 o'clock. I just so happened to be at an appointment w/ my OS b/c my Mother and I were concerned about my breathing. My swelling was enlarging around my neck making it difficult to breath. He ended up getting a wrap that would hold my jaw in place and help compress the swelling. I have to say it was one of the most excruciating things I have ever experienced. I ended up spending the rest of my time in a chair w/ tears rolling down my face.
Today has been much better pain wise. Today is the first day that I have gotten off Demerol shots in between Percocet and Loritab. So that is very comforting. I am hoping the hard part is over! For know I am just going to post pictures. Once I'm feeling better I will share more about my recovery.

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Jennicole,
Glad you made it through your surgery. I'm surprised they didn't have you in a Jaw Bra with ice. Are you banded shut? Do you have a splint? Stephanie had her surgery the same day as you.

Hope you feel better soon!

Mrs. Shanton said...

Hang in there, girl. Sorry you had such a rough time with the pain. Hopefully it's behind you now. You're a beautiful girl, and I can't wait to see your progress!

Brandyleigh35 said...

Jennicole,
Where are you? It's been a few days, are you doing better? Your fellow orthodorks need some updated info! How are you coming along????

Just and FYI, my surgey plan just got changed from just lower to upper, lower, and genio! I'm completely freaked out by all of it!

Please post and let us know you are ok! Thanks!

Brandy