Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Love Plates & Screws!!

Well due to the wonderful work of my OS I had my splint removed on Tuesday!! I really didn't think he was going to take it out this week, so I got a wonderful surprise. He said I was fitting into my new bite perfectly, so there was no need for the splint!! First thing once he removed it...I brushed my teeth. It was the most wonderful experience!! I won't even go into what the splint had stuck to it after two weeks. :)
I will still be in rubber bands for now..but only for 16 hours a day. So recovery for me at this point is much better. After my OS got the chance to look at everything, I finally got to take a look at my new bite. My right side(first set of photos) fits together perfectly! I about cried when I saw how wonderful my bite looked...I am actually on the road to having a normal smile! My left side has quite a bit more work that needs to be done. My OS and OD wanted there to be room for my upper molars to be able to come down. So the big black abyss in the back of my teeth(second group of photos) is there so the teeth have room to move down into. Apparently my "Old Bite" didn't allow those teeth to come down as far as what was needed. Obviously my open bite was closed. There is a small amount of space, again on the left side, but that tooth will come down also. So I am imagining once all this moving down business occurs...both sides will look equally as good! I can't wait for that day!! I still have some swelling in my face, so my profile pic is not quite what it will really look like. But I think it looks great.
I have to say I am extremely pleased with how everything looks at this point. I know that every bit of swelling and pain is worth a functional and beautiful smile.





8 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow Jenn,
Things are looking amazing! Your profile looks great! How are things looking from the front? I can't believe how fast you heal girl! I'm so envious!

Tara said...

You look GREAT! I really hope that I heal that quickly too. But you had a great attitude going into this, so that always helps!

Mrs. Shanton said...

Just absolutely gorgeous! You young ladies have such excellent outcomes!

Steffi said...

The difference is amazing, and yet you still look just like yourself!
I can't wait to see the front view, especially when the swelling is gone.

Shontelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shontelly said...

Holy smokes! A dramatic change! Your nose looks different! I hope I didn't miss a blog where you got a nose job cos I would feel stupid but um MAN, it looks like ya got a nose job! awesome! I bet your so so super excited. Looking good!

Shontell

JenNicole said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!! I have to say I am so very impressed how everything turned out. I was really nervouse about looking really different...but I am pleased with the outcome. I have to agree about the nose thing...it def looks like I had work done. I think that is due to the SARPE and the second surgery. My twin thought I looked like I had a nose job from the first procedure. But then again it could be a lot of swelling. Who knows?

Brandyleigh35 said...

So Jenn,
We are really ready for a new update! Pictures.....how are things coming along???

Brandy