Sunday, July 30, 2006

11 Days Post-Op

Sunday- Today as been a really good day. I am officially off pain killers, even the motrin, and experiencing no pain. I have expanded twice today (.5 mm) and again no pain. I did experience I slight change in the location of the pressure after expanding. Rather than a tight feeling at the front of my palate, it seemed to move to the back. As of my last visit with the doc I should only have two more turns. Not that I mind expansion...I actually look forward to it. It is the most amazing and exciting thing to see my bite make all these changes. It almost makes the sting of the cost of braces worth it. :)

My Mom requested a few more photos, so I will continue my photo journal. I decided to do more angles and some before and after photos! Although I am starting to notice less movement the last day or so when I expand. So you will have to let me know if you agree w/ me on that one.



Before Right Now Right Left (slightly more swelling on left)


Before Today

Ortho Consult Today (5.75 mm) Today View 2


I would love to hear anyones comments on my progress. In my opinion, it still seems like I am not expanding as much as I should. But I am possilby just obsessing about it (which is very possilbe.) I have more photos but I will post them on a new one.

2 comments:

Graham said...

I can vouch for how you are feeling pressure at the back now that you are nearing the end of expansion. Same thing happened to me. It is also great that you don't have very much pain at all. I had quite a bit as the expansion was finishing up.

It may seem to you that you are not expanding as much as you think but in fact you are, it's just that it is taking place where it is not as immediately noticable compared to the start. This is why you feel more pressure at the back now. There may be a tiny bit more expansion even after you've stopped keying since the RPE has a small amount of pent-up energy in it from the tension.

Your new profile looks wonderful! I can definitely see a nice difference. Not that you looked bad before, just that now you look even better! I can see that the apples of your cheeks are more prominent, the area under your upper lip is more rounded, and your nose is turned up a tiny bit. Exactly what happened to me! It looks great and I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments, especially once your gap is nearly closed. With me I was surprised that others noticed because I got used to seeing myself change very slowly. But to some of my friends who hadn't seen me in a little while, they thought I looked good.

I totally agree with how exciting it is to see the changes, it's amazing, and I am so happy for you! Coming along splendidly JN!

Erin said...

Hi there. You had left me a question in my blog about off-center midlines. I don't know what your ortho has told you about it, but definitely look into how they are going to address it. Is it your teeth, or your actual bottom jaw that is off center? If it's your teeth, it shouldn't be a big deal. But if you're expanding and then later address the bottom jaw shift, that's going to affect your bite, so definitely ask about it.

Best of luck!! Hang in there!