Sunday, July 23, 2006

SARPE--Day Four(Re-Cap)

I am four day post op. I have to admit today is the first day that I have been able to do things more on my own. I think part of that is b/c I finally have weened myself off the pain killers. Since I wasn't able to log on and write about my experience I am going to back track. So please endure my long windness ( I haven't been talking much the past four days :) )

Surgery Day-
I woke up very excited! My twin sister and I took my little puppy Merick for a walk at around 5am. As usual I was running late, I was supposed to walk out the door at 0545..but
like two girls my sister and I didn't make it out until 0610. Oh well...surgery will go on. I finally checked into the hospital. I took a few pics before. It's sad ...but I had to fix my hair and wear a cute outfit.

I was rolled into surgery about 0810. The surgery lasted about 2 1/2 hours, however I wasn't moved out of recovery until about four hours later. Apparently I had super high blood pressure. I was 150/110. The worst part of that is my sister was waiting the entire 4 hours, and had heard nothing. She just so happens to be a recovery nurse. So to say the least she was flipping out! Obviously I can't tell you how surgery went..but I can show pictures! I asked my doctor to take photos during surgery. So please be warned...what follows are actual surgery photos!




As anyone knows, after you wake up from surgery. The rest of the day is pretty much a gonner. All I really remember from that day is about crying when I was finally allowed to see my sister and that my face felt like it has two softballs in each cheek(which I was hoping to be packing) which turned out to be all my very own swelling and tissue!

So to re-cap. Day one...I don't remember much, put I have wonderful photos to aide me in never forgetting. From this day forward...progress!

2 comments:

Steffi said...

You get weened off of narcotics, not winged. Also please be warned instead of worned. I thought you would want to correct your errors made while under the influence of post surgery head fog. The pictures and description are very good. The swelling probably looks even worse in person. In photos it's hard to see the details.

Steffi said...

How about some new pictures? I want to see how good you look. Mom