Saturday, July 01, 2006

Where it all begins

I have officially been in braces now for a little over a month. I have been thinking about having braces now for about two years. I began noticing that my teeth were shifting and that my bite was becoming more and more non existant. When going in for a replacement of my Marlyn Bridge I asked my dentist if he could drill down one of my front teeth so they would be even. His responce was yes he could, but I actually needed braces to bring down one of my teeth. That was the beginning. I asked around for a good orthodontist, and decided to go with Dr. Bayer.

I made an initial appointment, and was very overwhelmed but excited with my findings. The first thing I was told was that if I was there for cosmetic reasons, I needed to go somewhere else. I was hooked then and there. One of the only things I rembemer my first orth telling my Mother and I was that he had corrected my teeth cosmetically, and that it was the best he could do. Well nine years later I am finally going to have done what should have been done in the first place.

My treatment is estimated to be 18-22 months, call me a optimist(or just crazy) but I'm shooting for 12! I had my braces put on, then a week later a RPE appliance placed. I am being treated for a slight cross bite, w/ upper and lower crowding. My treatment includes RPE, a surgical release, and a possilbe second surgery on my upper and lower jaw to align my jaw.

I am a little more than a month in to treatment and have found myself desperate to know more about what is going on in my mouth. I have spent hours researching my procedure with little luck. This morning, I tried something new in Google "Adults with Braces" that was the best search I have ever done! I spent hours reading blogs of others in my situations. Not only do I know what to expect, but I feel I found a place where I feel normal agian!

1 comment:

Steffi said...

I can't read this. What language did you write it with?